Amazon FBA Inventory Management
Amazon FBA inventory management doesn’t get discussed that often but poor inventory management can cost your business a lot in lost profits. Let me briefly explain.
- Running out of inventory in Amazons FBA warehouses leads to loss of sales, profits, and rank.
- Having too much inventory in Amazons FBA warehouses leads to long term storage fees and ties up capital that could be spent on faster-moving inventory.
Amazon FBA Inventory Management Lead Times
Your lead times will depend on a few factors:
1. Manufacturer: If a manufacturer is busy it will take them longer to make your products. I have found manufacturers to have longer lead times from July – October as they prepare for Q4 orders. Also take into consideration Chinese holidays where factory’s completely shut down for a week or more. The main holiday being the Chinese new year in February.
2. Import destination: US vs UK.
3. method of shipping: Air Vs Sea.
4. Direct Vs Non-direct to FBA.
Below are some timescale estimates that you should take into consideration when re-ordering inventory.
Manufacturer: 30-50 days
US by Air: 8-10 days
US by Sea: 20 – 30 days
UK by Air:10-15 days
UK by Sea: 30-40 days
Over the next few days, I am going to be answering questions that I have received in regards to Amazon FBA inventory management. I will put the answers into the Inernetbizuni Ecom Brand Builders Help Group one at a time and I will put them here all together in this blog post so that you can easily read it in one place. Let me know if you have any questions in regards to Amazon FBA inventory management and I will answer them here. +