How To List Products On Amazon Without UPC Barcode
In this post, I give you the exact steps and video tutorial which shows you how to list products on Amazon without a UPC barcode. You may be wondering do you need a UPC code to list a product on Amazon? The answer is no, but if you don’t have a UPC barcode you will require what is called a GTIN exemption from Amazon. Below you will find the exact steps that you must take and below that, you will find a video that shows you to set it all up.
Steps Required To List Products On Amazon Without UPC Barcode
1) Go to the GTIN (UPC, EAN…) exemption page.https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gtinx if searching for this on Amazon.co.uk or any of the other Amazon marketplaces then search for GTIN Exemption in the Amazon search bar inside seller central.
2) Fill out the request.
3) Download the appropriate template.https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/200426310
4) Fill out the template.Be sure to enter a SKU for each item and have the URL for your item’s image on hand.
5) Save the completed template onto your computer.
6) Click the Browse button on the GTIN exemption page and browse to your saved template.
7) Click Submit on the GTIN exemption page.
8) Wait for approval. You will receive a notice.
9) Wait another 24 hours for the approved exemption to become active. You will NOT receive a notice.
10) Go to the Add a new product page on seller central .
11) Categorize your product. It must match the category that you provided in the template in step 4.
12) Enter product details and offer. Enter the SKU that you used in step 4. Also, match your exact brand name that you used on step 4.
13) Upload Images.
14) Click Save and Finish.
I was going to shoot a video showing you how to list products on Amazon without a UPC barcode attached but during my research, I came across a great video by Katharyne Shelton, which shows you step by step how to list products on Amazon without a UPC barcode. I have linked her video below so that you can view it and follow along.
How To List Products On Amazon Without UPC Barcode Video Tutorial
How To List Products On Amazon Without UPC Barcode: Questions and Answers
Q. If I want to sell my own product do I require an EAN / UPC barcode number and do I need to register from GS1? My item price & quantity is not that much and this is why I am wondering if it is necessary for register a GS1 barcode?
A. No, you can register GTIN exemption as shown here in this article.
Q. Is there any other way to list my products without a UPC / EAN barcode number, or do I have to get a GTIN exemption?
A. If you become brand registered you can list your products with a unique identifier instead of a UPC/ EAN barcode number.
Q. Is there any other way to list products on Amazon with a UPC/ EAN barcode?
A. There is two ways to list your products without a UPC/ EAN barcode.
1. Get a GTIN exemption.
Now you should know exactly how to list products on Amazon without a UPC barcode.
If you want to learn how to start a profitable private label brand on Amazon then (CLICK HERE) this course is perfect for you.
If you already sell private label products on Amazon and you want to learn how to increase your profit and grow your brand to the next level, then this course (CLICK HERE) is perfect for you.